Friday, February 28, 2014

Release the Fandoms

So I know it's been quite a long time, and for that I apologize. But I am able to make it up to you by offering something even better.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you. . . the Ultimate Fandom Cake.



I should explain the name.

My best friend's name is Shellie. She loves Sherlock Holmes. I mean, adores him: the stories, the movies, the BBC show (not Elementary. No. Just. . . no.) 

I once wrote a story (which I realize now is what the kids call "fanfiction") where she and I were female versions of Sherlock and Dr. Watson. Shellie and Patty became Shellock and Dr. Patson. 

The names work so well though, don't they?

We often refer this to each other (and it has caught on among friends), so to incorporate the Sherlock fandom for her birthday, I used her name, and created a pipe out of vanilla fondant.




 There are a total of six different fandoms present in this cake, signifying all the things we love most.

A golden snitch from Harry Potter. . .






Pineapples for the sweet show "Psych". . .

Are you a fan of delicious flavor?


TARDIS blue fondant, bowties, and fezzes for "Doctor Who". . .
Fantastic! Allons-y! Geronimo!

"Game of Thrones" font face. . .


Awesomeness is Coming.

And Excalibur from "Merlin."
Give me a break, I made the entire cake in like three hours.
Shellie even played the epic song from the main actors of "Merlin" and pulled the sword from the stone like a bad-A!




If I had watched it then, I totally would have added a pentagram from "Supernatural" to complete the SuperWhoLock motif, but alas, maybe next year.



This was a giant flippin' cake. I once again made chocolate chip pound cake with fudge icing, but I realized it was not tall enough to adequately display the lettering and designs. So I made a layer of blondies to add flavor and height, and it was glorious.


Portion Size: Man.

So if you have any fandoms to which you'd love to express your loyalty with delicious confections, don't hesitate to call me, or beep me if you wanna reach me.  If you wanna page me, you can't. This isn't 1997, dude. Get a Facebook or something.





No comments:

Post a Comment